Untitled-54

Medal of Honor Recipient, Army staff sergeant Clint Romesha DENIES Michelle Obama for SOTU Address

It’s not often America gets to see a living recipient of the Medal of Honor, but it does happen from time to time. One of our most recently decorated American heroes is Former Army staff sergeant Clint Romesha, who was awarded the medal last year at the White House.

As The Hill reported, not long after the award ceremony, First Lady Michelle Obama invited Romesha to sit in her designated box at the State of the Union address. While that’s an honor, politics aside, Romesha politely declined Michelle’s offer.

“I’ve done some soul searching,” Romesha told a CNN reporter. “As much as a great honor it would be to be a guest of the first lady, it’s also kind of hard to break away from the friends and the family and all the great guys here.”

His wording above, “I’ve done some soul searching,” in response to an invitation to sit with Michelle Obama during the address, could perhaps mean that he’s not exactly a fan of the president or his wife.

Obviously we’re not putting words in his mouth – but it was an awful prestigious invitation to turn down for no specific reason.

Other guests who were invited include another veteran who lost both arms and legs in Afghanistan, a police officer who took 15 bullets when he arrived to the scene of the Sikh shooting in Wisconsin, a teacher from Sandy Hook elementary, and an illegal immigrant who used one of President Obama’s programs to attend school in the U.S.

It wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for a highly decorated veteran to shy away from liberals, as they’re typically not of liberal persuasion. A majority of them, at the very least, lean to the right.

Maybe he remembers when Michelle was enthusiastically BOOED at a NASCAR race as she stood next to a veteran and his family

Whether Romesha turned down the first lady or not for political reasons will likely never be known and that’s perfectly ok.

The bottom line is that this soldier served the U.S, with dignity, honor, and respect; and we personally thank him for his sacrifice and service to this great nation.

Source:  Conservative Tribune

53 comments

• Ryan 3 days ago

I really don’t blame him for turning her down I’m sure his family an other loved ones an people who really matter want to spend time with him, the man obviously is not a fan of the first lady or the President an who can blame him.

• Joyce 1 day ago

I agree.

• Josh P 17 hours ago

This kind of invitation shouldn’t be taken seriously, anyways. It’s not like the president is royalty. The problem is that people get too carried away with social status that they look for more people to join the little party that’s going on in their own head, which makes all of their officials as superficial as themselves and leaves the other ninety nine percent of the country having to support the people that are ego tripping at the fantasy factory. In other words, sitting with the first lady is of no value, whatsoever. Beware of that.

• Dyspeptic Lawyer 3 days ago

Actually, you ARE putting words into his mouth. He has shied away from the spotlight and does not enjoy it, and you do this great warrior a disservice by pretending his polite no means he shares your petty spite for the Obamas. You have no honor.

• Jonathan 3 days ago

Really? I’m no extreme, right-wing, conservative by any means, however the site that posted the article probably is. You speak of “HONOR” ? The Obamas don’t know the term. The fact that Obama was “voted” in TWISE shows me that we as a people are actually sheeple OR our votes really do not matter.
      Afghanistan Veteran

• Alphabet Soup 3 days ago

A lawyer scolding others about honor. That’s rich!

• Erin 2 days ago

You are an insult to the very air and every constructive objective means of any attempt to heal this very broken nation.

• Lanceman 2 days ago

Meh. Just reciprocating the obamas’ petty spite for America.

• s 2 days ago

Let’s not forget what Shakespeare said about killing lawyers so shut your septic mouth

• Jim 2 days ago

However you wish to spin it Mr. Dyspeptic Lawyer, I too, would have refused to knowingly sit with someone who hates our country and wants to destroy everything our forefathers created.

• 2 days ago

Dude…this nations forefathers were slave owners

• 1 day ago

what did you say……..sounds like bull-shit to me……….semper-fi

• Lois 3 days ago

Politics aside, the most likely reason he might have for NOT wanting to sit with the First Lady is that he doesn’t want to be used as a propaganda tool. I can understand why he would prefer to spend the time with his friends and family.

• Roy McCarthy 3 days ago

i agree with Dispeptic Lawyer. The sheeple are you who feast on conservative propaganda. You are indeed shoving your words down that man’s throat.

• Swiper Fox 3 days ago

Actual reasons given here: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/12/politics/sotu-invite-declined/

Along with a picture of him at the awards ceremony with his Commander in Chief.

• tired of the political crap 3 days ago

Thanks for posting that link. He reasons seem very reasonable to me and not motivated by politics. I refused to sing for President Reagan in Nevada in the 1980s because of his handling of the Aids epidemic. No, I’m not gay and i don’t have Aids. I just couldn’t song for a man who had no respect for a segment of humanity simply because they didn’t live the way he thought they should. THAT’S a political reason to turn down a president. This man chose to spend time with people who came to celebrate with him. And the fact that his anniversary is the same day…probably made that decision a little easier. Maybe he has political reasons…he also apparently has the class not to mention them if he does.

• notthatstupid 3 days ago

Actions speak louder than words. If he were a liberal he would have jumped at the offer as an honor. Being a veteran myself I know by experience that most veterans are patriots and can not stomach it when the Commander in chief is in opposition to why we serve our country. Obama has proven by his blatant disrespect for our flag and our military that several generals have stated their disgust of him. It is a no brainier that his turning down her offer is because he can’t stomach Obama or Michelle. If you can’t see that or understand that you have no clue about our country or the military mindset.

• KR 3 days ago

This would be anything except an honor! I wouldn’t sit with this racist B!#@% or her subhuman husband!

• 2 days ago

Now that’s racism at its finest!!!

• Jeanne Foster 3 days ago

This is a man of honor, unlike the hosts who invited him.

• USMC Vet 3 days ago

Want to know what I took away from that article? “and an illegal immigrant who used one of President Obama’s programs to attend school in the U.S.” That says all I need to hear about obama.

• notthatstupid 3 days ago

BTW, if I didn’t make it clear before, Obama is a disgrace and does not deserve to be called anyone’s Commander in chief. He has never bestowed any metals, awards or honors to any military personnel. He has been the presenter only, all military awards have been awarded by the commanding leadership, not Obama.

• Lucky Marine 1 day ago

One thing I respect he has presented more MOH than President Bush. I am a Supporter of the Bush Family but as an active duty Marine. Both wars there were a lot that could have received the MOH during his 8 years

• Phyllis Singleton 3 days ago

Illegal alien shouldn’t be allowed. Should be deported. That cow michelle has no sense and no class

• activedutynavy 3 days ago

I don’t blame him a bit. Not only does our President and his wife use veterans and military members as pawns for publicity, celebrities do it too. I attended an event last week with twelve other active duty members, and were completely ignored by those in attendance, but not by the media, which was the whole point of us being there in the first place, for publicity. And that’s exactly what Obama is looking for when he, and she, does things like that. Good job Sgt!

• Michelle 3 days ago

This story is a year old. Why are you bringing it up now? Ah yes because we MUST keep the wheels of hatred turning. And ps, you are absolutely putting words in this man’s mouth. He chose to keep his reason private (a classy move) and you felt the need to guess why he did so. He probably doesn’t want the spotlight and you had to thrust him back in it for a political agenda. This doesn’t surprise me. And I’m sure he was not the first person to decline an invite from a president and he most certainly will not be the last.

• Erin 2 days ago

Talk about conjecture! You must be psychic with your keen insight dear. His reasons for declining the invitation were private. Leave it at that. The fact that this article is a year old only reinforces the absurdity of the liberal left’s attempt at self congratulation. When it happened doesn’t matter. The time is long past when those in”power” should own their hypocracy.

• stephen 3 days ago

He served as an American with Dignity, Respect & Honor in which the Obama’s are a little short on since they have a problem with America, they are outsiders, given the chance to dismantle America almost at every move

• Sue 3 days ago

The title of the article definitely made it sound like he declined for political or other reasons. This is the kind of spin I abhor from liberals and I don’t like it better from conservatives. This just draws unwanted (& likely negative from many) attention to this war hero, which is very disrespectful to him. There’s enough real news out there without having to spin.

• mandi 3 days ago

These comment sections never cease to amaze me. Good grief. This. This. This. Is what’s wrong with America. No one gives a shit about any of your opinions. Quit spending your time arguing with yourselves. Do something constructive.

• brian 2 days ago

Every thing is not about Michelle Obama. this honer is about Army staff sergeant Clint Romesha. he is the one how is the recipient of the Medal of Honor, NOT the Obama’s

• Marine infantry vet 2 days ago

I joined the Marine Corps in 1987, I served my duty and went to combat twice. Over twenty five years later I would still give my last breath for my county! But I wouldn’t waste one breath for this government.

• Erin 2 days ago

Thank you for your dedication and service to our country.

• Corie 2 days ago

We were there with Romesha that day. He is the most humble guy you will ever meet. All I will say is that this was not a political move against the Obamas. We were having a reunion, with some of the brave soldiers that were with him on the day Keating happened. It is so hard to get everyone together when they have been moved around the globe since then. The MOH weekend was a very busy weekend and he wanted the opportunity to enjoy time with his brothers. End of Story.

• Tim 2 days ago

Even in this dumbass report the author clearly stated the reasons the man didn’t go to her. Not only can this author not write well, you people can’t read. No wonder this country is a shambles of its former self. We have become a 2nd world country and on our way to bottom of that heap as well.

• jim 2 days ago

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody’s got one.

• 2 days ago

” Other guests who were invited include … an illegal immigrant who used one of President Obama’s programs to attend school in the U.S.” I think I would decline too, if, as a Medal of Honor recipient, my sacrifices were viewed as equally worthy of this chair as an illegal immigrant that went to school…

• Hillyer 2 days ago

He considered the invite an honor and those of you who are trying to politicize it, dishonor him. His words: “It’s such a great honor to be invited to the State of the Union,” Romesha, 31, told CNN. “I really feel bad about not being able to go. But a lot of these guys I haven’t seen a really long time and I’d like to hang with them just a little bit more.”
    Romesha said he also wants “to be there with the family, especially on the 13th wedding anniversary of me and Tammy,” his high school sweetheart.”

• Sharon 2 days ago

I don’t think he was anything but honest. You are putting words in his mouth. His words speak his feelings, respect him enough to leave it at that.

• Susan Roberts. 2 days ago

I would like to be subscribed

• Jimmy Russell 2 days ago

Wow won’t even put a name to the article because you’re actually disrespecting him by using him to play politics. Written by “staff.” What a joke…

• Larry Wallace 2 days ago

I cannot comment on his motives for refusing but I applaud him for his convictions: Family and friends before politics.

• Amishron 2 days ago

Nobody should have to sit next to that tranny/communist.

• me 2 days ago

Not put words in his mouth? That’s EXACTLY what you did. You idiots having such a hard time finding people of value and with iq scores above 25 who don’t like Obama that you have to keep lying?

• 2 days ago

Remember what happened to Joan Rivers when she incurred the wrath of Moochelle?

• KMale 1 day ago

What he means is he wont sell his soul by sitting next to this aberration from hell.

• Lucky Marine 1 day ago

I didn’t vote for our current President but people need to respect the office. It pisses me off when people said Bush, it is not Bush it is president Bush or mr president. We all have degraded the POTUS office. The disrespect for the POTUS is going get worse for the next PResident.

• Charlotte McAmis 1 day ago

and you try to use his refusal to further your agenda. just as bad as anyone else imo.

• Joe S 24 hours ago

Bro’s before hoes.

This man just defined that phrase.

• kris 57 mins ago

You did put words in his mouth. This is nothing but an ugly opportunity to rehash an unreasoned and bitter hate of a woman that has no real political role in our nation. I can not for the life of me figure out the venom some people on the right insist on spewing. This is not how good Christians behave.