Brooklyn cops shot

2 NYPD cops shot dead ‘execution style’ as ‘revenge’ for Garner

Two uniformed NYPD officers were shot dead Saturday afternoon as they sat in their marked police car on a Brooklyn street corner — in what investigators believe was a crazed gunman’s execution-style mission to avenge Eric Garner and Michael Brown.

shooting1.jpgshooting2.jpg“It’s an execution,” one law enforcement source said of the 3 p.m. shooting of the two officers, whose names were being withheld pending family notification of their deaths.

The tragic heroes were working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill when they were shot point-blank in their heads by the lone gunman, who approached them on foot from the sidewalk at the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins avenues in Bed-Stuy.

“I’m Putting Wings on Pigs Today,” a person believed to be the gunman wrote on Instagram in a message posted just three hours before the officers were shot through their front passenger window.

Brooklyn cops shot

Paul Martinka

The post included an image of silver automatic handgun with a wooden handle. Another post showed camouflage pants and blue sneakers which matched the clothing the dead gunman was wearing as his body was carried from the scene on a stretcher.

“They Take 1 Of Ours … Let’s Take 2 of Theirs,” the post continued, signing off with, “This May Be My Final Post.”

The gunman was a fugitive who had just murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore Saturday morning, sources told The Post.

Minutes after shooting the two officers, he, too, was dead.

He fled to a nearby subway station, the G-train station at Myrtle and Willoughby avenues, where, as pursuing cops closed in, he shot himself on a crowded platform, sources told The Post.

“They engaged the guy and he did himself,” one investigator said of the gunman’s demise.

Both shooting scenes — above and below ground — were scenes of blood and terror.
“I seen them putting the cop in the ambulance. He looked messed up,” McKie, a barber, added. “He took a high caliber weapon to the face. He was lifeless…I couldn’t see where the holes was that, all I could see was blood. His body was lifeless.”“I heard shooting, — four or five shots,” ear-witness Derrick McKie, 49, told The Post of the cops’ tragic murder. “It sounded like from a single gun,” he said. Ambulances and police cars rushed to the scene, he said.

Modal Trigg Carmen Jimenez, 32, a social worker from Bedford-Stuyvesant, was on the subway platform when the gunman ran inside, pursued by officers.

“Everything happened so quick,” said Jimenez, who is eight months pregnant. “We were standing waiting for the G train. We heard arguing from the other end of the platform.

It looked like two cops came in there was lots of yelling and they said, ‘Everybody get down.’

“We tried to get out of there, and there was a lot of shouting, people were screaming, people were trying to run.

“I threw myself on the floor. I was afraid for my life and afraid for my baby.”

Photo Credit Paul Maritka

Source: New York Post

11 comments

• Nytro 4 days ago

Sharpton needs to be the next one to take a lethal bullet, as it’s he who is promoting and perpetuating violence, racism and hatred.
    The world will be a much better place once that disgusting hate monger is dead and buried.

• Robert 4 days ago

Sharpton would have to get in line if all those who promoted and perpetuated this tragedy were held accountable. All part of the plan–what’s a little collateral damage??

• Big Dawg 3 days ago

I agree, whats a little collateral damage?? I hope your mom and little sister are next!!

• Jeremy 4 days ago

What a coward. Also That’s a semi automatic handgun…

• Travis Bickle 4 days ago

This act, alone, should see Obama and Holder strung-up by their nuts! Remember, it was Hussein who told the Ferguson protesters to “stay the course!” Whites should arm themselves, unite, and take this country back from this communist tyrant and his minions.

• granny esti 4 days ago

Travis, please don’t insult minions. I do not consider those whatevers as minions. He is in the WH doing his happy dance for all of the hatred he has brought to this country.

• 4 days ago

Kill yourself. Why does this have to be a race issue? You’re the fucking problem. Literally swallow a pack of D batteries and hang yourself.

• 4 days ago

This is a messed up situation. We need to do something about police brutality and the infringement of the liberties of Americans, but garbage like this is not the answer. This guy was a lunatic and he’ll rot in hell for what he did. My condolences to the families and friends of the officers.

• Vicki 3 days ago

So, WHEN is Sharpton going to be held ACCOUNTABLE for that murder’s actions? Sharpton ‘called for it’ to happen, didn’t he ?

• BoJud 3 days ago

The saddest part of this all is that a man was killed who did nothing wrong. As I saw the takedown as was shown on the video shot. I felt that the primary officer who had hin in choke hold used uneccessary force as he had two other officers hold him from the body. I felt that the one officer used excessive force. That seems to be the mode of many law enforcement agencies throughtout the country. The officer should be tried for what I term agrivated homicice.
    I’ve become a fan of Blue Bloods series. It appears tv and reality in New York are 180 degrees apart when this kind of police action takes a paerson’s life away unecessarily. Even if the Grand Jury did not find him guilty to be prosecuted. He should be fired from the force. Who might be next in his view?